Cork City North Mature Women’s Action Group
Older Womens Rights are Human Rights!
We are mature women working towards change. We are committed to addressing the various concerns of older women within our community, so that older women are valued for our life experience and knowledge.
We aim to provide a safe, comfortable, confident and inviting group, where mature women can rebuild their self esteem and meet and make friends of their own generation, both in the group and in the broader community.
We are committed to action on issues relating to our lives and our communties, and empowering older women to articulate our needs and take control of our lives.
Programmes we are developing include:
- Bi-monthly production of our ‘Old and Bold‘ newsletter, by and for older women.
- An education programme ‘Mature Women Coping with the Modern Age’.
- Become active and feel confident in dealing with modern technology
- Banking in todays world
- Introduction to computers/internet
- Getting the best use of your mobile phone
- Introduction to ‘text speak’
- A Personal Development Programme for older women.
- Training of volunteers to provide a befriending service.
Contact us on 021 4307969 or email us today