Write Together Adult Literacy Scheme
This project offers a series of adult basic education supports to learners wishing to better their reading, writing, maths and computer skills.
- One to one support in small learning groups for 2 hours each week, both in CAPRN Centres and on an Outreach basic.
- Training in basic computers
- Developing reading/spelling skills, based on the Alpha to Omega book, through computers using the Touch Type Read and Spell Programme.
- I.T.A.B.E – an intensive literacy support programme for 6 hours for 14 weeks to help the adult learner break through their barriers to learning.
- A Family Learning Programme of 6-10 weeks, including helping parents make Story Sacks for their children.
- Drive Theory Test support.
- FETAC accreditation for a variety of modules up to level 6 through the Education and Rights Resource Centre and The City of Cork VEC.
- A study skills programme in conjunction with Terence McSwiney Community College.
- English and Maths for everyday living.
- A Return to Education Programme in Terence McSwiney Community College, in conjunction with FAS and the City of Cork VEC, for Community Employment participants wishing to improve their skill.
- Training for Volunteer Literacy Helpers (as needed) to service some 30 Learning Groups that form part of our work.